- 4/1/2022 - Hawaii Estate & Trust Fiduciary Services Newsletter April 2022
Here is the latest Hawaii estate and trust fiduciary service news and information we think will interest you.
- 4/4/2022 - What is an Elective Share in Hawaii
In Hawaii, a disinherited spouse has a right to claim a percentage of his/her deceased spouse's estate under the concept of Elective Share.
- 4/11/2022 - Should I Disinherit a Child with Special Needs?
Inexperienced or incompetent estate planning attorneys have a bad habit of telling parents of children with special needs to simply write their child out of their estate plan altogether in order to ensure that the child will qualify for government benefits if the parents pass away.
- 4/18/2022 - What is a Payable on Death Account (POD)
A Payable on Death Account (POD) is an arrangement with your bank to designate a beneficiary on your bank account.
- 4/25/2022 - How Is COVID-19 Affecting The Area Of Estate Planning
COVID-19 is affecting every area of our lives in a significant way. The pandemic is also spurring individuals and families to draft their estate planning documents or to review/amend already-existing document as they face the possibility of death from the novel COVID-19.
Questions? Ready for an appointment?