- 5/2/2022 - What is an Ancillary Probate
Generally, an ancillary probate is initiated after the primary probate has been opened. Upon the opening of a primary probate, the court will look into the validity of a will and names the executor/personal representative.
- 5/2/2022 - Hawaii Estate & Trust Fiduciary Services Newsletter May 2022
Here is the latest Hawaii estate and trust fiduciary service news and information we think will interest you.
- 5/9/2022 - How to Prepare for Estate Planning
It is good to plan your estate planning at the beginning of the year and actually follow through with it while you can. Here are some tips.
- 5/16/2022 - What is a Pet Trust
Because all 50 states and the District of Columbia now have laws allowing Pet Trusts, it may be a good idea to consider preparing a Pet Trust for your pets in order to prepare for a time that you may die or become incapacitated.
- 5/23/2022 - Make Sure Your Special Needs Estate and Trust Plan Doesn't Put Your Child at Risk
Most parents of children with special needs are well versed when it comes to the government benefits like Medicaid or Supplemental Security Income (SSI) that their child receives.
- 5/30/2022 - U.S. Trust v.s. Foreign Trust
When preparing a trust, it is a good idea to take note of the nationality and residential status of the person you wish to designate as a Trustee.
Questions? Ready for an appointment?