- 10/1/2022 - Hawaii Estate & Trust Fiduciary Services Newsletter October 2022
Here is the latest Hawaii estate and trust fiduciary service news and information we think will interest you.
- 10/3/2022 - How Do You Fund Real Property Into A Trust
As the trust document is insufficient by itself without completing the funding process, it is important to remember to have your attorney complete the funding process of your assets into the trust.
- 10/10/2022 - What are the main Ancillary Documents that are prepared with your Trust Document
When one prepares a trust, the trust designates which assets the settlor/grantor will give to which beneficiaries upon his/her death.
- 10/17/2022 - What is an Elective Share in Hawaii
In Hawaii, a disinherited spouse has a right to claim a percentage of his/her deceased spouse's estate under the concept of Elective Share.
- 10/24/2022 - Should I Disinherit a Child with Special Needs?
Inexperienced or incompetent estate planning attorneys have a bad habit of telling parents of children with special needs to simply write their child out of their estate plan altogether in order to ensure that the child will qualify for government benefits if the parents pass away.
- 10/31/2022 - What is a Payable on Death Account (POD)
A Payable on Death Account (POD) is an arrangement with your bank to designate a beneficiary on your bank account.
Questions? Ready for an appointment?